Weddings at Juliet's Balcony
O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo ?
See, how she lays her cheek upon her hand !
Oh that I were a glove upon that hand,
that I might touch that cheek." !
William Shakespeare - Romeo & Juliet
Shakespeare used enchanting Verona as the setting for the world's most famous love story.
Juliet’s balcony, where the “star crossed lovers” are reputed to have sworn their undying love for one another and exchanged their first tender kiss, is now available as an exclusive venue for a civil wedding in Italy.
Shakespeare called the city "fair Verona" and this Unesco World Heritage Site is now the fourth most popular tourist destination in Italy after Rome, Florence and Venice.
Romeo and Juliet is one of the most romantic love stories of all times. A love so pure that brought two young lovers to a destiny that still moves many lovers worldwide.
More modern day lovers from around the globe have left their mark in the form of love letters pinned and written on the walls around the entrance to the courtyard now Verona's most popular ceremony venue.
However, as the messages are removed and the walls cleaned from time to time, a much more long lasting love note comes in the form of The Love Stone.
Messages are engraved in stone and set in the terrace overlooking the balcony and famous courtyard.You also get a copy to take home and treasure for ever.
We were the wedding planners who started talks with the local authorities a few years ago to get this exclusive venue opened for civil wedding ceremonies and now our dream has become reality.
The very first wedding to take place on the balcony was on 1st June 2009 and Dream Academy are proud to have been the wedding planners for the memorable event when an Italian footballer wed his very own sweet Juliet.
Luca and Irene even brought their lovely little dog along as special guest of honour and I have to say he was suitably dressed for the event.
Well with a name like Romeo he just had to be there! The event was covered by television crews the world over and Wedding TV also did a feature on the event.
From there, we went on to score a hat trick at the balcony when the lovely Caroline and Paul became the first British Couple to get married there.
Not content with this,we then had the first official proposal when John asked Nadia to be his bride.
Thankfully she said yes and are about to get married in June 2011 ,yes you have guessed.
In fair Verona !!
So for all of you romantics out there looking for a unique location to get married in Italy, look no further than Juliet's Balcony.
The ceremony room on the second floor will be closed to the public during your wedding, allowing you to declare your love in complete privacy and exclusivity.
Had Romeo and Juliet known that Villa Giona was right on their doorstep, their choice of an Italian reception venue would undoubtedly have been right there with us in this beautiful 16th century historic villa which is one of the most prestigious properties in the area.
Dreams just don’t get any better.
“JULIET’S DREAM” VERONA WEDDING PROPOSAL at JULIET’S BALCONY AND VILLA GIONA
An exclusive proposal from Dream Academy / Villa Giona Weddings - Verona’s Leading W.P.
- A 360° wedding planning service all under the one roof with a team of hand picked professionals catering for your every need. In house chef, florist, photographer, hair and make up artists, wedding and guests transport, guest accommodation, guest activities, musicians, cookery courses and wine tastings in our extensive vineyards and exclusive winery.
- Assistance with all the legalities and paperwork required for your wedding in Italy.
- Booking of the ceremony at Juliet’s Balcony
- Fee for the ceremony venue
- 3 Copies of your multi lingual wedding certificate
- 2 nights accommodation in the bridal suite at Villa Giona
- A romantic dinner for 2 at our exclusive Juliet’s Table
- Bride’s bouquet and Buttonhole for the Groom
- A private tour of our vineyard and a bottle of Villa Giona’s fine red wine
- Private luxury transfers to and from Verona Airport
- A professional 50x80 print of your wedding day
- English mother tongue Wedding planner in house 24/7 for the duration of your wedding event.
Dream Academy----We don't follow trends in Verona ------ WE SET THEM! THAT'S AMORE !